Thursday, June 7, 2012

Queens Diamond Jubilee




June 2nd - 5th saw the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend in England.  With several celebrations around the city it seemed like everywhere was decked out in union jacks.  

















A street down from where I work was all decked out for a street party over the weekend, no such luck on my little street in Tooting. 


I got a little festive myself, despite my non-British status,  and I decorated around the house.



 I spent hours making and decorating these union jack sugar cookies, they don't look spectacular but there is always next time


I enjoyed most of the official celebrations from the comfort of my couch but actually got the opportunity to attend the concert in front of Buckingham Palace Monday night, post to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment